Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Vintage Bazaar!

The Vintage Bazaar
The Vintage Bazaar

It was a lot of fun! Just a 5 hour event, I still sort of feel as if it were a dream! What a whirl of a weekend! So much vintage goodness. With help from James, we were able to set up on Friday which was awesome. It was the easiest set-up I've had for a show..even got to stick around and calmly merchandise to the Cocteau Twins (which was pretty sweet since I more than often play them when I'm working at home, haha). Libby and Katherine are all around awesome ladies and did such a great job organizing this first-time event. I am very excited to see what they do next!

The Vintage Bazaar

The Vintage Bazaar

I don't really know how to recap other than just saying, if you love vintage and you weren't there, why weren't you there? Good finds and good people. I hardly got to shop at all..just standing in my booth, spying around, I could have found a handful of things I would want. I did end up scoring a lovely lace dress from my "across the street" booth neighbor, Karyn of Max and Chloe Vintage. Karyn and I actually use to work together and it was a great surprise to see each other! Neither of us knew that the other was busy selling vintage these days (though it certainly makes sense)! I'll have to get a photo of the dress..
Met new folks and saw other friends as well..Val (another old work pal) of The Nine Stories, I didn't get a photo of her booth, but she had a nice and simple set up and she made her own garment racks! Met a nice little lady called Tess of Tessaboo Vintage. Saw my craft show pal Lisa of Art Goodies / Vintage Goodies and she had such a cute booth. Also met her friend, Lisa of Lisa B's Retro Style, who had her booth behind mine which worked out so good for my set up!

The Vintage Bazaar

The Vintage Bazaar

It was a very busy day / weekend (did I mention that the line to get in was around the block??)- so thankful James was able to help me out. I really wanted to do the bazaar with my Mom, but she was very busy preparing for an event of her own that was Monday. It went well and was exciting for her, but she was missed and I know she would have enjoyed the bazaar- next time! And there will be a next time!

p.s. gotta give a shout out to Francesa of 1385 for the lovely turban that I wore!

7 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! Plus - your outfit is amazing.. especially the turban!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sooo wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so precious!
    and i wish i could have been there. i am so sad i wasn't able.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caitlinnnnn! It looks so gorgeous and dreamy! I wish I could have been there. You look adorable and I love love love your top! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I drove by at 12 and at 3:30 and there were long lines both times. I wish I would have had the time to wait, it looks like it was a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mallory - Thank you so much! I am really enjoying the turban! haha

    Alexa - Hello! I wish you could have as well..I think you would have enjoyed it very much!

    Katrina - haha, Well, thank you! Yeah I got your message! that was a bummer, but it is ok! There's always next time!

    Anabela - You are so sweet! I wish that you could have been there!

    Mia - I couldn't believe the line! I didn't see it, but I heard! Amazing! You need to do the event as a vendor, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw man! I wish I could have been there to see your awesome booth in person! Your lace blouse and turban are sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I try to always respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails