Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Rear Window


Rear Window Timelapse from Jeff Desom on Vimeo.
All footage taken from the original Rear Window (1954) directed by Alfred Hitchcock.
The order of events is pretty much as seen in the movie.
more info: http://www.jeffdesom.com/hitch/
Hungarian Dance No. 5
composed by Johannes Brahms
arranged for easy listening by Hugo Winterhalter

This is pretty neat, especially in full screen. Rear Window was one of the first old films I remember watching- for sure it was my first Hitchcock movie. In 4th grade when my family went to Disney World, we got free passes to Universal Studios and I was able to see exactly how they filmed this movie! They had a miniature (but large set) with tiny screens in each window! It was amazing to me. In 6th grade we were allowed to vote on movies to be shown before holiday break and I pretty much campaigned to have Rear Window shown and recruited as many friends to show up for that movie room as possible, haha. It's a good one!

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments! I try to always respond.

Related Posts with Thumbnails